Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    70,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Secured by DR Congo Amid Growing Outbreak

    August 21, 2026

    Trade Records in Japan: Imports Surpass Exports Amid Rising Energy and Tech Demand

    August 21, 2026

    Xinhua Silk Road: African youth media delegation explores new frontiers of China-Africa cooperation in C China’s Hunan Province

    August 21, 2026
    Sudan Daily News: Sudan’s essential daily briefing.Sudan Daily News: Sudan’s essential daily briefing.
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Sudan Daily News: Sudan’s essential daily briefing.Sudan Daily News: Sudan’s essential daily briefing.
    Home » Elon Musk puts $44 billion Twitter deal on hold due to fake accounts
    Business

    Elon Musk puts $44 billion Twitter deal on hold due to fake accounts

    May 13, 2022
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte

    Before finalizing his agreement to buy Twitter, Elon Musk wants to know more details about the number of fake accounts on the social media platform. He said that he wants more details about how many Twitter accounts are fake or spam, so he temporarily put his $44 billion takeover of Twitter on hold.

    Elon Musk puts $44 billion Twitter deal on hold due to fake accountsTraders questioned whether Musk would back out of the project altogether after the shock announcement. Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk said he must ensure that fake accounts represent less than 5% of Twitter users, as Twitter estimates. Earlier Friday, Musk tweeted that the giant deal was being put on hold.

    In a securities filing after the company reached a deal to sell to Musk, Twitter stated that less than 5% of the 229 million users who saw advertising in the first quarter of 2022 were fake accounts. With his latest tweetstorm, the billionaire added to the uncertainty surrounding his acquisition of the influential but struggling social media platform.

    Tesla chief Elon Musk disclosed in early April that he had become Twitter’s largest individual shareholder. Twitter shares fell 9% on Friday. As a result of a broader sell-off, tech stocks have been battered on Wall Street. Musk’s Tesla shares, which make up the bulk of his wealth, have lost nearly 30% of their value in the last month as of Thursday’s close. As of Friday, Tesla stock gained nearly 8%.

    By selling some shares and borrowing against others, Musk will be able to fund the $21 billion Twitter deal as part of his Tesla stake. As part of the financing, he has also brought in other investors, including Oracle founder Larry Ellison, Andressen Horowitz and Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund.

    Musk often uses Twitter to air spontaneous thoughts alongside his concrete plans, so the seriousness of the matter is also an open question. Musk’s previous message before the Twitter buy, for example, demanded, Stop the war on straws! This habit has caused him trouble in the past. The Securities and Exchange Commission fined Musk in 2018 for a tweet claiming he had secured funding for Tesla’s acquisition – which turned out not to be the case, according to a judge’s ruling.

    Related Posts

    Trade Records in Japan: Imports Surpass Exports Amid Rising Energy and Tech Demand

    August 21, 2026

    Wall Street Gains Driven by Falling Yields and Healthcare Sector Rally

    August 20, 2026

    Precious Metals Edge Lower After US Inflation Data Dims Gold’s Weekly Gains

    August 15, 2026

    Europe Drives 2026 July Surge in Global Electric Vehicle Sales with 9% Growth

    August 14, 2026

    South Korea Achieves Record July Vehicle Export Value of $6.24 Billion Driven by Eco-Friendly Models

    August 14, 2026

    Fuel supply shortages drive up diesel costs in US and Europe

    August 12, 2026
    Latest News

    70,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Secured by DR Congo Amid Growing Outbreak

    August 21, 2026

    Trade Records in Japan: Imports Surpass Exports Amid Rising Energy and Tech Demand

    August 21, 2026

    Wall Street Gains Driven by Falling Yields and Healthcare Sector Rally

    August 20, 2026

    Growing Response as Ebola Cases in Congo Surpass 5,000 Amid Ongoing Outbreak

    August 19, 2026

    Indonesia Shaken by Magnitude 6.1 Seismic Event Near South Nias Coast

    August 19, 2026

    Malaria Deaths in DRC Approach 30,000 Amid Over 26 Million Cases in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    Record number of deaths reported in DRC Ebola outbreak surpassing previous highs

    August 17, 2026

    Precious Metals Edge Lower After US Inflation Data Dims Gold’s Weekly Gains

    August 15, 2026
    © 2026 Sudan Daily News | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.